Earlier, I posted about rewarding yourself. Treats can sometimes undermine the goals we have. Cake, cookies, fancy coffee drinks, and other goodies have so many calories and so little nutritional value. A better way to reward yourself is to choose something that isn’t going to add extra calories but will still make you feel great.
Here’s my list of 30 ways to reward yourself WITHOUT eating! I’ve broken it down into 5 sections: Shopping, Activity, Pamering, Vacation, and Free!
- Buy a new workout outfit
- Buy yourself flowers at the farmers market
- Buy a new pair of running shoes or cross trainers
- Buy a new water bottle
- Spring for something sparkly
- Get a bottle of fancy shower gel or lotion to treat your ski
- Go see a new movie
- Enjoy a laugh at a local comedy club
- Go see your favorite band
- Attend a local sports game
- Try a new exercise class
- Sign up for a charity walk or running event
- Get a massage
- Get a pedicure
- Get a new hairstyle
- Get a manicure
- Get a facial
- Spend the day at a spa
- Go on a ski or snowboard vacation
- Go on a beach vacation
- Go on a cruise
- Go camping
- Go on a river/lake vacation
- Go to an amusement park (but bring your own snacks!)
- Enjoy a staycation
- Start a garden
- Go for a hike and enjoy nature
- Take a vacation day from work to do whatever you want
- Unwind with a movie or book of your choice.
- Complete one activity/idea from your pinterest board!
What other ideas do you have?