Wow! I can’t believe it! Much love and many thanks to Maria of Beauty on a Budget for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination.
Haven’t heard of this award? Well, I hadn’t either…so naturally, I looked it up, and someone went to the effort of creating a website all about it (Click to check out the Versatile Blogger Award Website). From what I can tell, this award is about acknowledging bloggers you’ve enjoyed following.
In order to claim this award, like any other chain award, there are a few things I need to do:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So, let’s get started shall we?
Maria, I want to give you another shout-out here…Thank you girl! I’m quickly falling in love with your blog, and I’m very excited to keep reading! Followers and readers, check her blog out: getbudgetbeautiful.com. It’s pretty fabulous!
A few months ago, 15 bloggers would have scared me, but over the last couple of weeks, I’ve had the time to really discover some AMAZING bloggers. Check out these extra-wonderful ones who deserve the Versatile Blogger Award (in alphabetical order):
- Back East Blonde
- Catching Zees
- Classroom Couture
- Everyday Sarah Jane
- Hot Pink Underwear
- Lisa’s Plate
- Little Miss Fit
- Mickey Math
- Mimosas and Manhattan
- My Crazy, New York, Post Grad Life
- My Life in High Heels
- Pretty and Delectable
- Today’s the Day I…
- 20 Something Confessions
The last part of accepting this award is to share seven things about myself. Hope you guys aren’t bored with all the random “learn about me!” stuff I keep throwing at you…So here’s seven facts about me:
- I’m the oldest of four. I have a brother and two sisters, but I feel like I have two brothers and four sisters because we are really close to three of my cousins.
- I’m a pretty big Disney fan, and can name quite a few of the movies that other people don’t really know. Also, I’ve seen Song of the South several times, which is rare in the US for someone my age.
- I love cooking, and quickly become addicted to Food Network when I’m not at school. It’s probably my favorite channel, and there are only two or three shows I don’t watch on that channel.
- I’m scared of the sun’s rays, but I want to enjoy the sun…so sunscreen is one of my favorite things. I wear it every day. Even in the winter. Currently, I use Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ Lotion Sunscreen as my daily sunscreen, but i’m thinking about switching to the Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect Lotion. Though, I’m always up for new suggestions! (HINT, HINT…what sunscreens do you like?)
- I like to read, and I read FAST…so I go through books fast. I’m not skimming or anything, I’m reading every word in the book, but my brain processes all the words really quickly. So I’m also always looking for book reccommendations.
- I love Broadway and Country music. And I follow the Producer’s Perspective, and in one of his posts he wrote why these two things going hand in hand. Which is more about Ken Davenport, but a little about me.
- I’m a Lasallian Volunteer alum, and this year’s crop of volunteers is in the midst of their fundraiser. Of course, I’m supporting them…which means I’m raising money too. If you’re interested in learning more about this, I have posted a few times about being Lasallian. If you’re already up on the Lasallian world, you can click to donate.
So that’s that! I’m off to let my nominees know about this post, and to get a little bit of rest!