Holy haberdashery, Batman! ANOTHER LIEBSTER AWARD?!?! Many, many thanks go to Charlotte of My Crazy New York Post Grad Life. This girl is amazing, and you should ALL go check out her blog.
For those of you that don’t know, the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award – Liebster is German for “favorite”. It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It’s a fabulous way to interact with other smaller blogs and to help them get discovered. Everyone can help each other grow their blogs and awareness in the blogging world. I only recently learned about this award, but I’ve been discovering some really awesome blogs through the process! It’s been a great improvement to my reader 🙂
To accept this award, there are a few things I need to do:
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer the 10 questions that have been given to me by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award – they must have less than 200 followers!
- Create 10 questions for my nominees to answer.
- Let my nominees know they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Part 1: Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
Once again, Charlotte, thank you so much for nominating me! I’ve loved checking out your blog, and I’m super excited to keep reading about your NYC adventures! All of my followers should check out her blog:
Part 2: Answer the 10 questions that have been given to me by the nominator.
- If you could go back in time to any time period, when would it be and why? I would love to spend some time in the late 1930s/1940s/1950s. I love the music, the style, the movies, and the general culture of this time. I acknowledge that it would, of course, be very difficult, what with the depression and war and all, but I think I would like to experience all of that.
- What is your biggest fear? Well, I’m scared of heights, but that’s not my biggest fear. My biggest fear is the fear of failing/being wrong. It’s so bad that sometimes I stay quiet rather than speaking out in case I might be wrong.
- What do you think is your best personal trait? My best personal trait is…Geez, I don’t know…I asked my sister and she said I’m creative and resourceful…which are probably my strongest personality traits. When I want something to happen, I use what I have to make it happen. I like to manipulate the resources that I have to get what I want.
- Hot or cold weather? I tend to prefer colder weather. I think it’s easier for me to warm up than it is for me to cool down. I’ve been visiting my family in California this summer, and just the other day my mom was teasing me about sweating all the time. In my defense, it was HOT in her car…she had the heat on in the middle of summer!
- Favorite food? I love salads. They’re sort of my thing right now, especially creative ones with fun add-ins…I’m actually craving a good salad right now…mmmm…
- Who is your current celebrity crush? My long-time celebrity crush has always been Jesse McCartney…which I’m not even embarrassed to admit. And if you dare say he’s anything like Justin Bieber I will correct you and not speak to you for a while. They are completely different. Jesse is more talented.
- What is the main philosophy by which you live your life? This one’s a little tricky…I guess “Enter to learn, leave to serve” is sort of my motto…it was something I was raised on, and all of my schools (including college) were pretty big on that, which is probably one of the main reasons I served as a full-time volunteer for the last two years, and a huge part of my desire to become a teacher.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? Elephants are my favorite animal, I think. I have a pillow-sized one from when I was a little girl, and a couple figurines that I’ve collected over the years. I think they’re adorable creatures, and if I couldn’t be human, being an elephant would be pretty cool. Even though I did get elephant-sick riding one in Thailand.
- What is your favorite movie genre? Musicals. Hands down. I love them. Even the really cheesy ones. I can’t get enough of them! There are different ones for just about any mood, so it makes it pretty easy! (PS Don’t tell, but one of my secret movie musical loves is Grease 2. It’s so bad it’s good!).
- What is your favorite part about blogging? I like having a spot to share what’s happening in my life, or what I’m thinking about with other people, and getting to know all of these different people and explore what they are up to. I think it’s been a great way for me to learn more about things that interest me, as well as share what I’ve got and what I know with the world around me. Plus, it makes for a decent record of things in my life when I stay on top of posting 🙂
Part 3: Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award – they must have less than 200 followers!
Well, this is going to be a little tricky…so many of the blogs I follow have just over 200 followers…but…I’ve got 9 (I think…sorry if any of them have over 200 followers. I tried!), and here they are in alphabetical order:
- A Thousand Quilted Cranes (these things are beautiful!)
- dancemom27 (this woman is inspiring! Keep it up!)
- From Little 2 Big Town (she’s just starting her blog about being a small town girl moving to NYC)
- Lisa’s Plate (she enjoys long, romantic walks to the fridge)
- Mating Habits of the Modern Geek (seriously, I don’t know how I finally found this…but read it!)
- Mickey Math (She nominated me a while back, but her blog is awesome!)
- Pretty and Delectable (She’s got food, fashion, and two adorable little girls!)
- Sunshine Blonde (She’s all about fashion, beauty, and Sex and the City)
- Witty Girl in the City (she’s BACK! And talking about NYC Marathon training.)
Part 4: Create 10 questions for my nominees to answer.
- Why did you start your blog?
- What character (TV, book, movie) do you most identify with, and why?
- What’s your favorite book to read?
- What’s the one thing you would do if you could do anything in the world? Why?
- If you could have any dessert right now, no strings attached (health, weight, whatever your strings might be), what would you have?
- You have an hour of alone time just for you – what will you spend it doing?
- What is your favorite quote that you always stand by?
- What charity/non-profit do you want to give a shout out to and why?
- In Aladdin, the Genie offers Aladdin three wishes…what do you wish for and why? Remember the rules:
- What’s the most awkward injury (or situation, if you’re a stranger to wounds) you’ve faced?
Part 5: Let my nominees know they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
I’m stopping by all your blogs!!! Yay! Congratulations to all of you, keep up the fabulous blog work!!!
- The Liebster Awards! (sooolastyear.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination! (getbudgetbeautiful.com)
- Third Liebster Nomination! (thewomaninthedress.com)
- The Liebster Award (unchainedmotherhood.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Funday: Liebster Award Nomination!! (myasmusingsblog.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (mycitystyle.org)
- Liebster Award! (beautybunchies.wordpress.com)
- Spread The Love: Liebster Blog Award (trinemarie.com)
- The Liebster Awards! (sparkleandwine.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (tamikamurraymakeup.wordpress.com)