Many, many thanks to one of my most recently discovered and new favorite bloggers, Anna of Mickey Math, for nominating me for this awesome award! I am so glad she’s enjoyed my blog, and I’m glad that she’s out there combining some of MY favorite things (I love math, and I know my way around Disneyland better than I know my way from my high school to my childhood home).
The Liebster Award Origins
My lackadaisical google search for this award revealed the article Sopphey Says wrote about her research. Which is really cool and all, because sh shared “The earliest mention I found so far happened on December 19, 2010 by a German blogspot blogger.” Liebster is German for favorite, and this award is given out to bloggers with less than 200 followers. This award has been passed around for awhile, and now it’s my turn to pass it on! Which, of course, I am more than happy to do!
The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. List 11 facts about myself
2. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
3. Let them know about the nomination
4. Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
5. Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
11 Facts about myself:
- I love mathematics with a passion that sometimes scares me a little. I get super excited about it, especially the more challenging problems that I used to walk around campus thinking about (all absent-minded professor like. I’m sure it was a real riot for some of my friends).
- I’m the oldest of four kids, and I never know how I feel about that. Some days it’s awesome, and others I wonder why (WHY?!?!?) But I love all my siblings, and my parents are awesome, so it’s okay even on those off days.
- I can solve a 5x5x5 rubik’s cube, which is pretty awesome, because I taught myself how to do that without any help from anyone else. I was problem solving and messing with it for about a week, but I finally figured it out!
- I designed and edit a website for my family’s company. It’s very industrial and simple because that’s what we need, but you can check it out. The company is Fire Safety Supply. We sell and service fire extinguishers, install fire suppression systems and offer OSHA-recognized fire extinguisher training.
- Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I love books. They have always been an escape for me. Oh, and they got me in trouble sometimes. When I read, I’m not in this world anymore. My brain is completely in the world of the book. So when I was younger, sometimes I’d be reading, and my mom would call me, and I wouldn’t hear her. She called it “selective listening” but I swear I didn’t hear her. Anyway, there were times when I would get in trouble and I wouldn’t be allowed to read. That’s how much I love reading…the thought of not being allowed to read was scary enough that I didn’t want to get in trouble. I’m actually in the process of selling some of my old books because I can’t afford to move them all across the country with me, and I don’t want to keep several bookshelves worth at my parents house anymore. I’m listing them on half.com, so you can click here to view my store.
- I like knitting, and I’m thinking about opening an etsy shop to sell some of the stuff I make. I mostly do scarves and hat sets, but I’ve made some other things too. Knitting is great because I can do it while talking to people or while watching TV. If I do create a store, you will all be the first to know!
- I was a bit of an athlete growing up, and I played several sports: Soccer, softball, basketball, volleyball, and track and field. Basketball is my favorite.
- I love cooking and trying new things in the kitchen, so I’ll try to post more of my creations on here when I can, and to share some of my favorite recipe blogs.
- I’m a TV drama freak…I love Pretty Little Liars, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, and I really enjoy crime television…shows like the CSIs, Law and Orders, Criminal Minds, Lie to Me, White Collar, NCIS, etc are my favorites, but I’m getting into some comedy shows because I love Big Bang Theory, Don’t Trust the B**** in Apartment 23, Baby Daddy, and Melissa and Joey.
- I love travelling, and I’ve been to Sydney Australia, all over Thailand, Luang Prabang Laos, and Singapore, and I’ve travelled a lot in the US now. I should make a map post on here to mark where I’ve been in the US…
- Making this list was one of the more difficult things I’ve done lately, and I’ve been trying to get a job, so I feel like that’s actually saying something.
Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
This was a lot harder than I thought it would be, because so many of the blogs that I frequent have well over 200 followers…but I think I’ve managed! I had to go back and follow a bunch of blogs I have bookmarked in my browser to check if they qualify, so it’s taken me a couple hours to compile this list. Here are my not-quite-11 nominees in alphabetical order by BLOG name:
- All Rhodes Lead to Somewhere
- Between Summers
- Bright Blue Skies
- Christopher’s Journey (has moved! Check him out on #NEVERADULLMOMENT)
- The Green Room
- In Pleasant Places…
- Jesus Be A…
- Mariya Boyko
Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
- What’s your favorite number and why? The number 20, and I have no idea why. I just decided that I liked it one day. Ages later, I found out that it was my dad’s jersey number when he used to play basketball.
- What’s your favorite ride at Disneyland? I love Pirates of the Caribbean. Especially from before the movie. I can spend all day on that ride.
- Who’s your favorite Disney Villain? I think maybe
- What is your earliest childhood memory? I remember hearing my aunt’s friend tell me that she got sick while watching Beauty and the Beast in the theater, and telling her that I would go see it with her because it was good.
- Describe yourself in one word. Nerdy.
- Would you rather use lined, plain or graph paper and why? Lined paper, usually. I’m most comfortable with it, and I can space out my graphs on it just fine.
- Who is your best friend and why? I don’t know that I have one best friend. I have a couple of close friends, but that’s about it.
- What is your favorite word? Effervescent. For today, at least
- If you had 10,000 dollars what would you do with it? I would put half of it in savings, use the other half to get an apartment, and pay back some of my student loans because, well, I’m an adult now, and I’ve got some stuff I need to do.
- What book are you currently reading? Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury
- What’s your favorite blog post ever? That’s a really good question…um…I don’t think I have one. Maybe this one? It was a lot of fun 🙂
Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
- What color best describes how you are feeling today?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- What is your favorite number?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- What is your favorite thing to make (craft, food, drink, whatever)?
- What’s your favorite inspiration (book, story, poem, song, movie, etc)?
- What is your favorite commercial or advertisement?
- Which crayola color is your favorite (can be a discontinued color)?
- If your life was made into a movie, who would you want to play you?
- What advice would you give to yourself before starting high school?
- What is your favorite memory?
- Liebster Award (indianstreetphotography.wordpress.com)
- I know Im awesome but seriously… The Liebster Award! (jaycubhughz.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (sowhymorocco.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award #2 (eatgreatbegreat.wordpress.com)
- Scully Speaks has been given the Liebster Award (scullyspeaks.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (biteboard.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (mytravelswithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Liebster or Lobster award? (feefashion.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (foreverscarlet.com)
- The Liebster Award (adaydreaminpink.wordpress.com)