Hello blog readers. Hello Twitter followers. Hello Facebook friends. Hello everyone.
Today, I turn to you for help.
See, I am a part of a special volunteer program called the Lasallian Volunteers. The Lasallian Volunteers (LV) is a program of the De La Salle Christian Brothers Lasallian Region of North America. It’s purpose is to provide dedicated, well-trained volunteers (LVs) for one or more years of service to schools and agencies of the Brothers whose mission is to serve the poor.
I serve in the District of Eastern North America (DENA) at an all-boys high school. I run an Academic Support Center for them from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. With my fellow volunteer, we tutor some 300-odd students in ANY subject: Math, English, History, Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Spanish, French…the list goes on and on.
But we do more than just tutor them. We support them. We talk to them and answer their questions. We try to encourage them and keep them on the right track.
I love this position. I love working with my students and I love getting to know them. They are all great young men, filled to the brim with potential.
I get to work with them because of the LV Program.
This program is great because it helps people like me find a place where we can give back.
The LV Program is completely non-profit, and relies on donors to keep running.
A few years back, some LVs (that’s what we call the volunteers) got together and created a fundraising campaign. They committed to gathering sponsors and participating in a run to raise money.
That was about six years ago, and this event is one of the most important annual fundraisers we do.
That’s where I could use your help.
See, I’ve committed to run (I really don’t like running, by the way) in the marathon relay team with a couple of other girls.
But I need sponsors. I need people to believe in me, and in my program. I need to find people who are willing to donate a couple of dollars, a cup of coffee, really, to the program.
So if you want to be one of the really awesome people to donate, you can check out this link (DONATE TO STEPHANIE AND BECOME ONE OF HER FAVORITE PEOPLE).
As a plus, if you do donate and I reach my goal, I’ll send everyone pictures from the run! Think the one at the top of this post, only BETTER!
Also, here are a few other perks:
- to my wordpress followers: I will reblog one of your posts (it will be shared with my 500+ followers)
- to my twitter friends: I will tweet your name individually to send you a thank you, AND again on the first Friday after the race.
Now, about donation levels:
- Everyone gets a photo collage (lucky you!)
- If you donate over $25, I will also send you a handwritten letter.
- If you donate over $50, I will also make a video for YOU to say “THANK YOU!”
- If you donate over $100, I will also dedicate a blog post to a topic of your choice!
- If you donate over $250, I will also bake cookies for you and hand-knit you a hat and scarf set to keep you and your warm, generous heart happy during the winter months.
My top donor will have the good fortune to choose one crazy thing that I will have to do during my leg(s) of the marathon (assuming I can…so no cartwheels). I will do my best to record this in some way for you all, or I will re-enact it at the finish line.