Posts tagged ‘workout’
Here’s a list of some favorite things from the past week!
Hope you enjoyed! Share your Friday Favorites in the comments below!!! Thanks all!
- Friday Favorites: Ode to Stella (kandjcolorado.wordpress.com)
- Five Fabulous Friday Favorites May 11, 2012 (stephanieisms.wordpress.com)
- Five Fabulous Friday Favorites May 5, 2012 (stephanieisms.wordpress.com)
It’s a real struggle sometimes to get yourself to feel healthy, especially when, like me, you have a desk job that keeps you cooped up in a tiny little room for nine hours a day (ah, the life of a volunteer). I love what I do, and so I don’t even feel the need to run screaming from the room ever. Which is part of my problem. ‘
Basically, I don’t have enough day light to work out outside, and I can’t afford a gym membership. So I’m taking to analyzing my situation.
I get up around 5:15am every morning. It takes me anywhere from 30-45 minutes to get ready, and I need to be downstairs by 6am for our community’s morning prayer. Prayer usually takes about 15 minutes, and then I have until 6:30 for breakfast and packing a lunch if I haven’t started that before prayer. At 6:30, I leave for work, and that takes about an hour where I walk from community to the subway, take the subway, and then walk to work. I spend 9 hours working, so that puts the end of the day at 4:30pm, which isn’t entirely accurate because we almost always have students lingering. I then have to head home, which takes an hour, and I usually get home between 5:45pm and 6:00pm. Then, if I’m not cooking, I have between 40 minutes to an hour for myself before prayer, which can happen as early as 6:40, and then dinner usually runs from 7pm until 8pm. If I’m on clean-up, I don’t get done until 8:30, and by that time I only have half an hour before I need to be in bed to get 8 hours of sleep (operating on the assumption that it takes people, on average, 14 minutes to fall asleep).
Basically, what I have discovered is that between all of my other responsibilities, I have approximately a one hour slot and a 30 minute slot everyday where I can do something like working out. 45 minute work outs won’t work, and running for 30 minutes doesn’t make me feel better, so I’m going to try something new.
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
Yep. 20 minute workouts that will kill me over again every day for the next 30 days.
We’ll see how this goes. Hopefully, it will get easier as time goes on…if not, well, anyone with the courage to actually read this blog will probably hear me rant about it.
- To feel healthier. I’m not sure what this will entail yet, but some days I feel bad, and hopefully moving around a little bit more every day will help me feel better more days out of the week.
- To look healthier/happier. Hopefully I’ll be able to trim away a couple of lbs, but really, I just want to have that happy glow that endorphins give you.
- To keep working out daily after the 30 day Shred is over.
- Drink more water everyday. I currently drink a little over one 32oz Nalgene BPA free bottle of water everyday. I’d like to be up to two a day at the end of these 30 days.
I’m sort of viewing this thing as a form of the Insanity or P90X workout. I know it’s probably not really, but I think this is way more manageable for me, and I can always find the time everyday to get this done. So I’ll try to keep track of how all of this goes, and keep anyone who is interested in the loop.